TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
These terms and conditions of registration are current as of as of 1st December 2021. By registering to attend the APRICOT 2022 Summit, you are deemed to have consented to these terms and conditions.
- Online conference during COVID-19 pandemic
- Online registration
- Cancellation of conference
- Event audio/video recording, photography
- Conference text chat service
- Meeting Booking System
- Contact Information
These terms and conditions of registration also contain important privacy information which should be read in conjunction with APNIC’s Privacy Statement.
A. Online conference during COVID-19 pandemic
Due to health reasons and travel restrictions resulting from the global COVID-19 pandemic, the APRICOT 2022 Summit will be held as an online-only “virtual conference” with all Summit sessions held online.
APNOG, APNIC and other entities, including but not limited to local organisers and supporting organizations of the event, will NOT be liable for any losses or damage suffered or incurred by the registrant or any other third party arising out of, or in any way connected with, the conducting of the conference as a virtual event. Such losses or damage include, but are not limited to, loss of airfare, accommodation deposits or other associated costs or loss or damage to property.
B. Online registration
Registration for the virtual conference is free of charge. It is highly recommended that you register online well in advance of the conference start date. Online registrants will receive regular notifications on how to log in to Zoom or YouTube Live, session links and conference e-bulletins.
Delegates who have difficulties with the online registration should contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Registration will remain open until the 3rd March 2022, and you will be able to register up until the last day of the conference.
A confirmation email will be sent to you after completing the online registration form. Please keep it for your reference.
D. Cancellation of conference
If for any reason the APRICOT 2022 Summit is cancelled, APNOG, APNIC and other entities, including but not limited to local organisers and supporting organisations of the event, will NOT be liable for any losses or damage suffered or incurred by the registrant or any other third party arising out of, or in any way connected with, the cancellation of the conference. Such losses or damage include, but are not limited to, loss of airfare, accommodation deposits or other associated costs or loss or damage to property.
If you are unable to participate in or access the Summit for any reason, APNOG, APNIC and other entities including but not limited to, local organisers, the host and supporting organisations of the event, will not be liable for any resulting losses, financial or otherwise. To the extent permitted by law, neither APNOG nor APNIC will have any liability whatsoever for any loss (including consequential loss), damage, expense, claim or proceeding in respect of:
- Damage to, loss, destruction or loss of use of any real or personal property;
- Any injury to, disease or death of, persons; or
- Pure economic loss suffered by third parties, in respect of any act or omission, negligent, wilful, or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the Summit.
The registrant indemnifies APNOG & APNIC against:
- Any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened, or commenced against APNOG or APNIC; and
- Any direct or indirect cost, liability, loss (including consequential loss), damage or expense (including legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) incurred by or awarded against APNOG or APNIC from a claim or proceeding commenced by the registrant, the registrant's estate or a third party on behalf of the registrant arising in any way or in connection with the Summit.
G. Event Audio/Video Recording and Photography
During the APRICOT 2022 Summit, all sessions (apart from socials) are subject to video, audio and chat recording for webcasting and archival purposes. Screenshot photographs may be taken by the host/organiser for use in their publications or other promotional material. By attending the sessions remotely, you agree to allow APNIC the unrestricted right and permission to collect, copyright and use, reuse, publish, and republish video and/or audio recordings, photographs, presentations, chat transcripts, your name, and pictures of you and those in which you may be included. You acknowledge that this information may constitute personal information and that you consent to its collection and use by APNOG & APNIC in accordance with APNIC’s Privacy Statement and these terms and conditions.
Automatic live transcript services will be provided in most sessions. Due to the inherent difficulties in capturing a live speaker's words, it is possible transcripts may contain errors and mistranslations. APNOG & APNIC accept no liability for any event or action resulting from the content of the transcripts.
H. Conference text chat service
During APRICOT 2022, Summit attendees will be able to communicate with other Summit attendees using a text chat service on the APRICOT 2022 website. This chat service is provided by CometChat.
Use of the chat service is entirely voluntary and you are under no obligation to sign up for or use the chat.
If you choose to use the chat service:
- APNOG will provide CometChat with your name and a separate unique hashed identifier to enable access to the chat service
- the information provided by APNOG to CometChat and all information entered into the chat service will be hosted by CometChat enabling them to provide the service;
- you acknowledge and agree that:
- APNOG & APNIC will have access to all information entered into the chat service which will be dealt with in accordance with these terms and conditions and APNIC’s Privacy Statement;
- APNOG & APNIC staff will endeavour to moderate the content in public chats during the hours of the conference and that you will not hold APNOG & APNIC liable or responsible for any content posted to the chat service;
- If APNOG or APNIC receive a complaint that chat content breaches the Code of Conduct, APNOG & APNIC staff have the ability to access and review transcripts of chats conducted directly between conference attendees (and you consent to such access and review) to determine if a breach has occurred; and
- if you breach the Code of Conduct in your use of the chat service, APNOG & APNIC may elect in their absolute discretion to remove your access to the chat or your access to the Summit.
I. Meeting Booking System
During the APRICOT 2022 Summit, attendees will be able to arrange one-to-one or one-to-many meetings with other Summit attendees using a Meeting Booking System on the APRICOT 2022 website. This Meeting Booking System is provided by BKNIX, the Bangkok Neutral Internet Exchange.
Use of the Meeting Booking System is entirely voluntary, and you are under no obligation to sign up for or use the system.
If you choose to use the system:
- APNOG will send you an invitation to create an account on the Meeting Booking System;
- The information you enter into the Meeting Booking System will be hosted by BKNIX in order for them to provide the service;
- APNOG, APNIC, and BKNIX are unable to assist any delegate using the system make contact with any delegate who opts not to use the system;
- Your email address used to create your account on the Meeting Booking System will not be disclosed to any other delegate, not even those using the tool to make meetings;
- Information you will be asked to provide for the Meeting Booking System will include the delegate’s photograph (optional), organisation, and position in the organisation;
- BKNIX undertakes to delete all user information at the completion of the APRICOT 2022 Summit;
I. Contact Information